maloo outdoor 8 blocks endomondo

Report a bug or error message

maloo outdoor 8 blocks endomondo

Beitragvon majovajo » Sa 31. Okt 2015, 19:28

When I start maloo outdoor8 (blue icon, newer version) together with endomondo (because of heart rate bluetooth belt) the endomondo stops recording. This was not a problem on Maloo outdoor (green icon/ older version). I have both versions and not sure about difference. Thanx.
majovajo

Re: maloo outdoor 8 blocks endomondo

Beitragvon olimic » Mo 2. Nov 2015, 21:14

I think only one App can track the location in the background. Not two apps.
But I am not sure.

I have not change this behaviour from the v2.5.6 to v2.5.7. Perhaps an WP-system update?
olimic
maaloo Developer

Beitragvon majovajo » Mo 2. Nov 2015, 21:23

I would also think it's not possible on 2 apps. But Maloo green works while Maloo8 not. Please try to check what can be the issue. It's important. Or - would it be possible to pair maloo with Heart rate belt? :).
Luma 640 LTE
majovajo

Beitragvon majovajo » Mi 11. Nov 2015, 22:59

There should have been some difference between green and blue 8 version. Would it be possible to check just this detail? Thanks.
Luma 640 LTE
majovajo

Beitragvon Thorsten » Do 12. Nov 2015, 08:39

As Oliver said:
The green Version of Maaloo had no background tracking - that meens, that maaloo must be the active application.

The blue Version has backroundtracking which meens, that maaloo can be in the background while tracking.
Thorsten

Beitragvon majovajo » Do 12. Nov 2015, 09:05

I'm trying to describe that there is no problem with tracking of Maloo but with the fact that the blue version affects somehow functionality of Endomondo which has Heart rate recording. This Endomondo recording stops when Blue version comes to the foreground. This was not before with the green version. Additionally I'm almost sure that the green version records tracks in the background althoug it was reported as not possible. As I don't want to buy a green version too as I did for blue one I cannot test it anymore after trial period.
It could be worth to test on your site the recording with both apps - Endomondo and Maloo together and switching to Maloo. Then you should receive immediately message - in the notification that Endomondo stopped recording. Let's check this first and then we can forget the green version.
Luma 640 LTE
majovajo

Beitragvon Thorsten » Do 12. Nov 2015, 09:20

I have now done a quick test:
Installed applications, Maaloo blue, Endomodo, Sports Tracker.

I startet Endomodo and started recording.
Then i started Maaloo. While Maaloo is starting Endomodo is closing or crashing.
Then i startet Sports Tracker, started recording, after that Maaloo. While Maaloo is starting i'm getting a Message from Sportstracker "low Memory" i should close apps and should open Sports Tracker.

If i don't record in Endomodo and in Sports Tracker i'm getting no Error when i start Maaloo.

Sidenote: I only start Maaloo! No recording here!

Now i testet it with only Endomodo and Sports Tracker - same result... so the problem seems not to be Maaloo because also Endomodo (recording) is crashing when starting Sports Tracker.
Sports Tracker is giving low Memory when starting Endomodo...

The next Test should be if Endomodo is doing background tracking or not?
Here you have to start recording in Endomodo - then switch over to Whatsap - the run 5 Min - and look at the card in endomodo if there is only one line - or the exact route you have run....

However: Heartrate in Maaloo would be great!
Thorsten

Beitragvon majovajo » Do 12. Nov 2015, 09:26

next test should be starting the Green version of Maloo and endomondo recording. This is how I realized that I cannot use Maloo for what I liked it. Thanks for help. Anyway if you don't have green version in the trial mode yet it can still run together with Endomondo. This difference is strange to me.
Luma 640 LTE
majovajo

Beitragvon Thorsten » Do 12. Nov 2015, 10:06

Right! Green Version of Maaloo without background tracking is running with Endomodo.

That meens, as Oliver statet: It can be only one App running with background tracking Endomodo or Maaloo blue or Sportstracker.

The difference between Background Tracking and Tracking:
If u use the WindowsPhone 8 Developer Kit it is possible to have a location background task - which meens, that the location is recorded while the app is not running in the foreground. Example: you start Endomodo recording, then you can use the cam or WhatsApp or whatever - still the track is recorded.
That was Maaloo some Month ago.

Oliver changed then with Maaloo (green) to the WindowsPhone 8.1 Developerkit. Theoretically also here ist is possible to use Backgroundtracking - but the Microsoft Store is rejecting with 8.1 Developerkit this feature. Result: The green Version of Maaloo had suddenly no background tracking!

Result was: If u start recording in Maaloo and u switch to an other app - the tracking in Maaloo stopped. As soon as u come back to Maaloo the recording started again. If u walk 1 mile in this time u will only see a line - between the last Trackpoint before switching to an other app and to the new Trackpoint.

Historically there were also two green versions - an old version with background tracking based on 8.0 and the actual green version based on 8.1 without background tracking.

u can also see her some threads about it.

Now Oliver would like to bring back background tracking - so he created Maaloo 8 - blue version.
The 8 is a symbol that the blue version is again using developerkit 8.
The color blue comes from a Microsoft request, that they would like to see a colored difference between those versions.

And take in mind - between all these versions there where enhancements and bug fixing.

I today don't know if Oliver is developing now green version and blue version in parallel or if only the blue version will be developed till may be a version for WindowsPhone 10 is coming out.

What does this meen to u?

If u look to both Sport Tracking apps which both are doing background tracking but can't be run at the same time - it seems, that it is Microsoft's problem - not a problem of Maaloo.

You have to decide which app u are preferring for tracking!
If it is Maaloo u have to use blue version - but u can not use Endomodo.
If it is Endomodo - u have to use Maaloo green without background tracking!
Here Maaloo green should run in the foreground while tracking otherwise u will loosing trackpoints till u come back to Maaloo.
I hope u understand now... it is a Little Bit difficult...
Thorsten

Beitragvon majovajo » Do 12. Nov 2015, 10:21

Yes now it's clear. Thank you. Just an additional detail. Endomondo stops recording although you did not started recording on Maloo. So as a result you cannot record the track (with heart rate on Endmondo) and see your position on the useful topografic map. I think I'll try green without any clear future of bugfixes...
Luma 640 LTE
majovajo

Nächste

Zurück zu Bugs / Errors