[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
 maaloo • Thema anzeigen - [Bug: ???] Timestamp in logs is wrong

[Bug: ???] Timestamp in logs is wrong

Report a bug or error message

[Bug: ???] Timestamp in logs is wrong

Beitragvon msirapian » So 16. Mär 2014, 22:08

Hi,

Having switched to the Lumia1020, of course, I've tested geocaching with maaloo geocaching. My previous app (on Symbian) had a great feature: a counter, adding "#599" in front of my log (for the 599th find of course).

So to avoid editing my own logs, I've decided to upload a field note and not a direct log, via the app. It worked ok, but when we had found our 2 caches in the afternoon (1500 or 1600), the 2 caches' field notes stated (on geocaching.com) 08:45.

My timezone is correctly filled in my GC profile.

Is it a bug or am I missing something?

So besides this bug, I'm also suggesting a counter (which could be automatic/manual: by accessing the online profile, the app can set the counter for the next successful find, but maybe for offline periods, a manual option could also be useful) optional feature included in the logs.

Thanks for your great app

Massis
msirapian

Re: Timestamp in logs is wrong

Beitragvon olimic » Fr 11. Apr 2014, 20:47

Does your phone has the same timezone like your GC-profile?

The suggestion with the counter is on the ToDo-list ;)
olimic
maaloo Developer

Beitragvon msirapian » Sa 12. Apr 2014, 22:29

Yes, both my phone and GC profile are set on Paris timezone.

For the counter, I was thinking about it: it should get the counter automatically if connection is alive (number of finds+1) BUT:
a) it should take into account the "found it" in pending logs (or field notes)
b) we might need to be able to overide the counter (if no connectivity for example)
msirapian

Beitragvon msirapian » Sa 25. Okt 2014, 21:01

Hello there,

just to mention that the timestamp on field notes is still wrong (like 6-7 hours); I've been edit notes to log our finds, and I've seen that the timestamps are unaccurate.
msirapian

Beitragvon msirapian » Do 1. Jan 2015, 21:13

Hello and a Happy New Year to all!

The latest maaloo geocaching version still have this bug, the offset seems to be -8 hours.

It's a bit disturbing because on busy caches (found many times a day), it means our logs don't appear where it should (chronological order). I guess this bug is an easy one to fix, could it be solved in the next update please (so that I stop ranting lol) ?

Thank you ;)
msirapian

Beitragvon olimic » Sa 3. Jan 2015, 11:08

In which timezone do you live?
olimic
maaloo Developer

Beitragvon msirapian » Sa 3. Jan 2015, 16:36

I'm in France (UTC+1 : Brussels, Copehagen, Paris, Madrid).

UTC+1 is set both on my 1020 and the GC.com profile.

Can you reproduce the bug? You need to upload a field note and, when viewing the list of field notes, check the timestamp (it's the only way to see it to my knowledge).
msirapian

Beitragvon msirapian » So 12. Apr 2015, 13:58

Hi

This bug is still present even in the last update. Has already created some confusion in the order of logs once composed (cache had disappeared during the day, and our log wasn't in the right chronological place).
msirapian

Beitragvon msirapian » Sa 15. Aug 2015, 20:02

Hi

Back from 4 weeks in Finland (and 10 times more caches found :lol: ), I confirm this bug is still there, and it even led to a wrong log. A cache found in Helsinki, in the morning, was uploaded as found the day before, at 11pm and something.

Again : my phone region/time is correctly set, my geocaching profile timezone is set to France, and, with a basic app I had on Symbian phones, the timestamp was always OK (which means there isn't a trick happening AFTER the field note is uploaded, like a TZ offset between phone and geocaching site).

Is this bug on the to-do or fix list?

thanks
msirapian

Beitragvon Raziel » So 16. Aug 2015, 06:13

Hello msirapian,
i think it's on the "To-Do" list, but i ask Oli for this "feature" if you want ;) :mrgreen:

Raziel
Raziel
Administrator

Nächste

Zurück zu Bugs / Errors