[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
 maaloo • Thema anzeigen - download osm manualy

download osm manualy

Questions regarding the usage of maaloo Outdoor or Geocaching

download osm manualy

Beitragvon Hebus » Mo 17. Jun 2013, 15:08

Does somebody knows how to put osm manualy into maaloo ?
Like de maps here,http://download.mapsforge.org/maps/
I use this for c:geo. and it's very easy.
Hebus

Re: download osm manualy

Beitragvon olimic » Di 18. Jun 2013, 15:01

mapsforge are vector maps. maaloo currently does not support vector maps only bitmap maps. But this feature is planned for Okt/Nov 2013.
olimic
maaloo Developer

Beitragvon buddler » Do 20. Jun 2013, 20:35

When vector maps will come, will we although have here maps integrated (should be "easy" *cough* *cough* to use the exisiting here-api, like even geocaching plus and other map applications do...)?

Recently, lots of new Google maps clients popped up in the store, all with different performance (speed, interface usability), but some even better than the popular gmaps:
Especially "GoogleMaps Client" stands out and delivers nice speed and a clean Interface

(Should even deliver some Inspiration for maaloo)
My question: Is there some kind of well tested and approved framework for google or other map providers on the web?
buddler

Beitragvon olimic » Sa 22. Jun 2013, 11:57

Here maps and google maps are only street maps. maaloo wants to be an outdoor app and this fact disables here and google maps for intensive use. If you zoom in to forests or special ways for hiking you are lost with Here and google maps, you walk in gray shaded polygons.

Thats why maaloo will use OpenStreetMap-data as vector files in the mapsforge-format, like some good outdoor-apps on Android.

Yes the speed of your mentioned google-client is good, the map slides better than on maaloo. I dont like the automatic scroll of the map, but this could be switched off by an option, if maaloo would have this feature. I will improve the speed of the map in the next versions... I swear. ;)
olimic
maaloo Developer

Beitragvon msirapian » Mo 14. Okt 2013, 09:21

Hi,

I think both approaches are good and that it depends on the context:
1. In a forest/off track, Nokia Maps (HERE) is of no use. Even though, it depends, I've been geocaching in the forest of Meudon (France) this week-end, and the main (pedestrian/bike) tracks were visible on Nokia Maps
2. In Urban context, Nokia Maps or HERE is largely sufficient. When I go to London for business, I use Nokia Maps (Symbian device, but hey, it's HERE Maps if you prefer), export the interesting caches as landmarks, and use HERE to go to the location (pedestrian navigation)
3. In mixed context, I use a combination: first, I'll drive or walk to the GZ using Nokia Maps, then, on site, I'll use compass.

I've seen that HERE integration is coming in v2.0, which is good. I haven't understood, though, does it mean the possibility to use the offline stored maps, or not.

Let's take an example. I go to Finland, and I don't want to pay roaming fees. On my device, I would have the Finnish map (HERE). For geocaching in Helsinki and suburbs, the offline "street" maps may be enough, so it would be pointless to pre-download OSM (or alike) maps. On the other hand, for some caches in other parts of the country, a local OSM pre-downloaded map could be useful.

I think the combination of the two (HERE offline maps already on the device as a backup/baseline, OSM more precise local maps) would be most versatile.

So far, I'm NOT using a Lumia/WP8 device, but Symbian is dying, and I'm studying my way forward with WP8. My 2 sweet spots are: photography and geocaching, and after a deep research on the internet, maaloo seems to be from far the most advanced geocaching application for WP8.

So these suggestions are an anticipation of my switching to WP8 and buying this app ;)

Thanks
msirapian

Beitragvon olimic » Fr 18. Okt 2013, 07:22

"...maaloo seems to be from far the most advanced geocaching application for WP8" - yes, you are right ;)

With v2.0 now you have the ability to use the HERE-maps offline, worldwide and download OSM-maps for certain areas especially deep forests.

With your sweet spots, photography and geocaching, the Lumia 1020 would shourly fit your needs, but I do not have this phone, only heard about it is very good for photography.

Welcome to WP8 :)
olimic
maaloo Developer

Beitragvon msirapian » Fr 18. Okt 2013, 13:14

Wow, the V2.0 looks awesome!

I own a Nokia 808 Pureview, so the 1020 would be a natural successor, but I would lose: HDMI out, SD slot support, FM transmitter. So so far, unless Symbian support is really broken shortly (and it looks like Nokia is accelerating its natural death), I'll wait & see. But sure, the 1020 would be my way forward if I had to switch today ;)

I've pointed your app to HERE maps (@here) on Twitter, FYI :)
msirapian

Beitragvon buddler » Mo 4. Nov 2013, 22:04

buddler

Beitragvon actionboy » Mo 11. Aug 2014, 19:19

So... IT is possible download big maps manually? I need whole map od scotland to level 15 and via outdoor app it takes so time and i am not sure which part I already have.
actionboy

Beitragvon olimic » Di 19. Aug 2014, 20:02

You can use the PC-app Mobac and download from e.g. Mapquest and generate an OSMdroid .gemf for later import.
olimic
maaloo Developer

Zurück zu Usage / HowTo...